Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Resort and Activities:
Please submit your billing inquery via this online form: www.wmauibilling.com
How far is the hotel from the airport?
About a 10-minute drive from Kapalua (West Maui) Airport and about a 27 mile or 45-minute scenic drive from Kahului Airport.
Do you have a spa? What's available in it?
Yes, we do. In 2004, we opened the newest resort spa on Maui. The luxurious facility boasts 16 treatment rooms, an oceanview lounge, full service beauty salon and state of the art Westin WORKOUT facility. An abundance of pampering offerings are available, including facials, massages, body treatments, manicures, pedicures, make-up and hair salon services.
Do you have a children's program?
We certainly do. It's called the Westin Family Kids Club and offers daily & evening services and activities for children ages 5-12.
Do you have a rental car company on property?
Unfortunately, no. However, an AVIS courtesy phone is located conveniently next to our concierge desk. They offer a variety of vehicles to choose - from sports sedans to open top jeeps so you catch some rays.
What activities are nearby?
Just about everything you can imagine. For the water fanatics - we have kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, catamaran cruising or just plain tanning on world famous Ka'anapali Beach. For the land lovers, we have some fantastic hiking trails, historic sites to visit, ATV riding, horseback riding. When it comes to shopping, just steps from the hotel is Whalers Village Boutique Shopping Center which features over 60 shops & a host of family type restaurants. Also, close by is the five world class Golf Courses historic Lahaina Town. Click here for more info.
Is there a golf course nearby?
Yes, we boast two-18 hole Ka'anapali Golf Courses which are walking distance from the hotel or if you prefer there is a complimentary shuttle that can take you there from the hotel lobby. In addition, there are 3 more golf courses located about 10 minutes from the Westin Maui at a resort named Kapalua (host of the Mercedes Championship each year) Click here for more info.
Does the hotel provide high speed internet access (HSIA)?
Yes, now in every guest rooms and lobby areas. Use of HSIA is included in the $30 daily resort charge. To access a computer terminal please visit our Business Center on the lobby level.
How many restaurants are on property?
1 oceanfront restraunt and 1 tropical restaurant featuring all-day dining located by our pool. In addition, we have three bars and two daily snack shop named Colonnade Cafe perfect for our early risers and Sea Dogs for pool and beach goers.
Click here for menus and reservations.
Does the hotel provide beach & pool towels?
Yes, our beach & pool service area provides towels to registered guests. The pool area opens at 8am until dusk.
How many swimming pools does the hotel have?
The Westin Maui is an aquatic playground for the young and the young at heart. It offers an amazing 87,000 square feet of pool decks with a swim-through grotto and hidden whirlpool along with an adults-only pool deck with a Jacuzzi; 5 separate inter-connecting pools and the most exciting feature - a huge 128 foot super slide! We also have a smaller slide for the keiki (children) which is just as much fun for them. The pool experience is a part of what makes the Westin Maui Resort & Spa the best place to make a splash.
What are some things I shouldn't miss while on Maui?
Majestic Mount Haleakala, a 10,000-foot extinct volcanic crater - the world's largest. Black Rock Cliff Diving ceremony at our sister hotel, the Sheraton Maui Resort. The road to Hana - truly unspoiled beauty. Horseback riding in upcountry Maui. The view of the sunset on Ka'anapali Beach - you'll too discover just why this beach is voted amongst the best in the world. Honolua Bay - a marine preserve and one of the best snorkeling spots in Maui or great place for watching Surfers during the big Winter swells. Be prepared to encounter some lifelong memories. For more must-sees, please click here.
I heard I'd see whales, is this true?
This depends on what time of the year you visit. The graceful and gargantuan humpback whales migrate from Alaska mostly between December and April, however, some may arrive as early as November and leave as late as May. Our on site catamaran, Gemini, is famous for some of the best whale watch cruises on the magic isle and this is not to be missed, if you are visiting during this time.
Is there an ATM on property?
Yes, it is located next to the resort's main lobby Ocean Tower elevators.
Which credit cards will you accept on property?
Just about all of them - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners and JCB.
Where can I get directions for areas around the resort and around the island?
Please stop by the valet or Concierge desk. We have a map of the island and will be more than happy to get you in the right direction.
How can I arrange for a luau, tours and activities while on Maui?
Our activities specialists at the Starwood Activities Desk will be happy to arrange tours for you. We highly recommend contacting them prior to arrival. Feel free to call 888.572.0878.
Frequently Asked Questions about rooms:
What time is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is after 4:00pm, while check-out is at 11:00am.
Do you have non-smoking rooms?
All rooms at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa are Non-smoking.
Are there hair dryers in the rooms?
All guest rooms are equipped with a hair dryer, iron, ironing board and coffee maker.
Do the rooms have microwaves or refrigerators?
Yes, all of our rooms have mini-refrigerators for your use. None of our rooms have microwaves at this time.
Can I get a rollaway bed in my room?
All rooms will accommodate a rollaway bed, however, some room's space becomes a little tight with one. If you have a request, please contact the hotel and we will help you.
Can I upgrade my room at check-in?
Please inquire at the Front Desk upon registration for availability and pricing for higher room categories.
When will my room be serviced?
Housekeeping services the rooms between 8:30am and 4:00 pm. Should you wish to have your room serviced at a specific time, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate your request. You will also have the option of "The Green Choice" and can choose to opt out of Housekeeping services.
What are the minimum age requirements at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa?
• The minimum age required to book a The Westin Maui Resort & Spa room reservation is 18 and older. Also required is a credit card in the reservation holders name. Guests under 18 need an adult with a valid credit card in order to reserve the resort room as well as be present during check in.
• Spa services are available for guests ages 18 and older (subject to limitations and parental supervision). Access to locker rooms and WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio is prohibited to those under 16 years of age and requires parental supervision for those under 18 years of age.
• For children ages 5-12, the Westin Family Kids Club® provides special amenities and activities in a fully supervised, action-packed daily program
• Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Kids Pass-an all-inclusive dining program is for children ages 4 to 12 years old.
• The Oahu adults’ only pool is restricted to ages 16 years of age and older.
• Our dining facilities offer kid-friendly menus for ages 12 and younger.
• No additional charge for children under the age of 18 sharing same guest room as parents or guardians
Hotel's Guest Experience Polocies?
CHECK-IN: 4:00 PM CHECK-OUT: 11:00 AM
PARKING: Valet Parking Only - $30.00++ per night
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa offers 24-hour, unlimited on-site valet parking with in-and-out privileges for your convenience. Guests can call ahead for car pickup by dialing extension 2300 from an in-room phone, or simply calling Service Express®.
EMV/CHIP & PIN CREDIT CARD POLICY
Please be aware this hotel is EMV/Chip & PIN ready and your credit card’s PIN may be necessary for you to check-in to the hotel. If you are not aware of the PIN for your chip credit card, or are unsure if your card requires a PIN, please contact the financial institution that issued your credit card for clarity and to secure your PIN.
CONNECTING ROOM POLICY
Connecting rooms are subject to availability. However, to guarantee connecting rooms, please contact the resort directly; a fee of 50 USD per room per night applies.
CREDIT CARD POLICY
The credit card that was used to book a reservation must be presented at check-in, and a guest must present matching identification. To book a reservation for a guest other than yourself, please contact the hotel for a third-party credit card authorization form.
EARLY DEPARTURE POLICY
An early departure fee may be imposed on guests departing prior to their scheduled departure date. Fees may be up to 50% of their confirmed length of stay. Please contact the resort for further information.
EXTRA BEDDING POLICY
Rollaway beds can be provided for a nightly fee.
PACKAGE HANDLING POLICY
There is a package handling fee for all incoming and outbound packages. Please contact the resort directly for the exact fee.
One dog up to 40 pounds is allowed per room. Dogs are not allowed in food and beverage service areas or pool areas.
Hawaii’s quarantine laws must be followed for an animal to enter the state. A pet must be vaccinated for rabies at least twice in its lifetime, with at least 30 days between vaccinations. The most recent vaccination must be administered at least 90 days before arrival in Hawaii, but no later than the vaccine’s expiration date. For more information, please go to www.hdoa.hawaii.gov.
Service animals that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities are not pets. They are welcome at the hotel and are not subject to the policies and restrictions that apply to pets or other animals.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD POLICY
Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. Authorized amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
For the safety of all guests, our staff enforces the following guidelines for the waterslide and pool:
- Standing while going down the slide is not allowed at any time.
- Guests must slide down feet first.
- Guests must be able to swim out of the landing area at the end of the slide.
- Dual and group rides are not allowed. A child is not allowed to ride on the lap of another child or an adult.
- Flotation devices, including water wings and life jackets, may not be used.
- Goggles, sunglasses, and other accessories that might fall off are not allowed.
- Cameras and video equipment are not allowed.
- Guests are not allowed to run around the slide or pool. Walk with caution when the surface is wet.
- Every child under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the supervision of their minors.
RESORT CHARGE POLICY
A daily Resort Charge of 30 USD, plus tax (31.25 USD total), will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. A third person is charged 89 USD per night to regular room rates. Maximum 4 persons to a room, 5 persons in Deluxe Ocean View rooms.
- Wi-Fi Access in guest room, restaurants and public areas
- Local long distance (U.S. only) and toll free calls up to 60 minute
- Two (2) bottles of water replenished daily upon consumption
- Lei Greeting upon arrival
- Shuttle Service to Kapalua West Maui Airport, upon availability
- Shuttle and Trolley service to historic Lahaina town, Outlet Malls, Cannery Mall, Fairway Shops, Whalers Village and select Ka’anapali Hotels
- Sustainable Westin Maui Souvenir tote bag available at Concierge Desk
- Complimentary digital photo or print credit towards Professional Photo Session
- Hawaiian Crafts and Cultural Activities including Bird and Fish Feeding, Hula Dancing, Botanical tours, Ukulele lessons and Cultural Demonstrations
- Inclusions and rate are subject to change without notice.
All guest rooms and public spaces are 100% non-smoking.