Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Occupancy sensors
- Water conserving fixtures
- Smart irrigation practices
- Regular preventive maintenance
- Make A Green Choice program rewards guests for choosing to conserve natural resources in their guest room
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Recycling both in-room and behind the scenes
- Dumpster monitoring
- Organic waste composting
- Elimination of styrofoam packaging
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Sustainable food and beverage options
- Eco-friendly souvenir bags
- Eco-friendly to-go ware made from corn
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices
- Alternative transportation options, such as preferred parking for eco-friendly cars and shuttle services
- Green Initiatives
Recognition & Awards
Maui Electric Company
Energy Efficiency Hall of Fame
- Invested about $5.5 Million in energy efficient equipment upgrades- new chillers, new heat pumps, and new boilers.
- Recycling program in full affect on property: Food waste, Cardboard, Glass, Plastic Bottle, Office Paper, and Newspaper.
- Active participation in local Hawaiian conservational programs such as the highway clean-ups and Maui County Anti-Litter task Force.
- The Housekeeping department recycles 300,000 bottles per year which is 6.6 tons of bottles!
- 40,000 newspapers from guest rooms per year is recycled from the resort saving 114 trees and 17 cubic yards of landfill
- Energy conservation program such as Auto Shut Air Condition Shut off in all the Rooms and the Green Program for towels and beddings.
- Sustainable meeting initiatives such as eliminating individual packaging by providing candy dispenser and water station.
- A member of Kanu Hawaii, an organization committed to protect and promote island living.